Wednesday, March 6, 2013

FUN WITH AGATES

WELL....DANG.....we are having another snow storm.....this one is a biggie and my only hope is that we don't lose power or I really will turn into the wicked witch of our mountain valley.

Good thing I have some projects started to keep my fingers busy.....
 I purchased a whole bunch of agate slices and am smitten.  Combining a stone with felted wool complements both mediums.  I began by auditioning shapes for this small piece. Finished size will be about 12" x 14".

Besides stabilizing the felt, I've added some machine stitching to provide a firmer surface that will hold up to the weight of not only the agate but the beads as well. 
Detail of the peyote bead cage stitching in progress

Check back tomorrow....hopefully I'll have more to share....

No comments: