Thursday, October 7, 2010

UTAH QUILT SHOW

The State of Utah's Quilt Show is held annually.....the location moves around their state......this year it's in Midway. Opening night was Tues.......here are some quilts that struck my fancy.


WILD FLOWERS by Sharon Moran (pattern source: Primitive Gatherings)

I was drawn to her quilt because of the beautiful wool applique designs.



"OLYMPICS 2010" by Francine Berrett, Quilted by Roberta Boyce - Original design. I was pleased to award my 'teachers' ribbon to this lovely quilt.

This is just one of several beautiful wholecloth quilts in the show. "SOPHRONIA" was made by Helen Butler: Pattern source - 'Rosemaling' by Sue Schmidt.


"TURKISH DELIGHT' by Helen Butler

Detail - it was quilted on a home sewing machine.

This little piece was adorable....it was part of a small quilt auction to benefit the fight against Breast Cancer. It was made by Liz Sulik.

This event is at the very top of my list of super well run conferences.....the organizers haven't missed a thing, the students are eager to learn, the facilities are great. I may stay for another month!


2 comments:

SuZeFashion said...

Beautiful quilts! Thanks so much for sharing!

Grannie Smith said...

Thanks so much for coming to Utah and sharing your talents. Delight and I had fun in your class today (and enjoyed lunch with you yesterday).