Thursday, January 22, 2009

ZOOOOOM

Despite having a really cruddy cold, which should place me squarely in bed at home.  Our house sitter arrived this morning and we headed off at 8:00 AM to Daytona Beach, FL to attend the 2009 Rolex 24 (hours) of Daytona.  

Yup, that's right.......24 hrs. of loud cars zooming around a track.......bet you are asking if this is fun?  That depends upon whether you ask me in the presence of 'the husband' or alone! Thankfully, we do not stay at the race track for the entire 24 hrs. of the race.....we leave late and come back Sunday morning early.


It's been so cold and snowy in NC that I was sort of looking forward to FL weather.  Well...it's supposed to get down to 28 tonight.  Yuck....  The good news is, tomorrow will be warmer and warmer still on Sat. when the race actually begins at 2:00 PM.  Why?   you ask.....if the race doesn't begin till Sat. afternoon......why oh why are you here now?  Oh....I have asked that question as well.  The answer is something silly like watching the drivers practice, seeing the pit areas, viewing less important races, and vendors.....they have vendors at this events.  Sadly, no fabric that's not been made into t-shirts, jackets, hats etc.  Hummmm.....this all sounds pretty lame to me......but here I am anyway, in sunny FL.....

I'll be looking for more amusing things to report tomorrow, other than cars......often the drivers are quite cute....in their tight racing suits......so stay tuned.....

nite, nite.....must try to get some rest so this cold doesn't get me down.

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I can relate, have had similar experience with motorcycle racing, which surprisingly, I rather enjoyed. But there's just so much walking around the pits and looking at motorcycle stuff in the vendor's area I could take before getting a little bored. But oh my, those racers...what a buff, good-looking bunch they are, drool, drool. ;-)

I don't think I've ever been to Florida in January when I didn't freeze. There's nothing worse than leaving the frozen climes of Wisconsin and arriving in Florida to freeze warnings...

Have fun!