Sunday, July 19, 2020

WHEN WILL THIS LITTLE QUILT EVER BE FINISHED???

Continuing the saga of the little quilt that won't quit. Even after the addition of the hand embroidered background, the piece just needed 'more'.
 Several options tried and rejected and finally I decided to add colorful circles to the background. I intended to just fuse them and not finish the edges.

You can probably guess by the time they were all fused, I knew I just had to spend even more time on this darn piece and outline hand embroider each one. Details count!!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Looking good, but that's a lotta' dots!

Joan said...

Lovely! What about going over the edge of the three “leaves” with a chain stitch to give them additional dimension, or maybe put a French knot in the center of the circles....just thoughts!
I enjoy watching your projects progress!

The Inside Stori said...

Joan you appear to be a no comment blogger so I can't respond to your directly, hopefully you'll see this. Thank you for your suggestion.....good ideas but I don't think I want the circles to be more prominent for fear the background will get too busy. Good brain storming though!!

Robbie said...

The stitching adds to the delicate look of the piece!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

It looks lovely to me. I'm sure you'll do just enough. You know though, if you finish this one, you'll just start another, LOL!!

The Inside Stori said...

Oh Carole, you know me too well!!!