Wednesday, July 15, 2020

ONE STEP FORWARD TWO BACK.....

It's totally common for me to change directions during the process of creating a 
one-of-a-kind quilt.  This one has had more indecision that most.

 I planned to hand embroider branches, but after only a few I realized they were too puny.
Instead, a new approach was undertaken.....tiny machine zig-zag stitching around the circles (remember I don't free-motion so this was a tad challenging).  Tying off 2 sets of threads for each dot was tedious.
Next I changed my mind (again) about the background details.  I had planned to machine quilt it but decided to hand embroider instead to provide more details to the piece.  The lighter swirl using 1 strand of embroidery thread is barely visible from a distance....two didn't make much more of an impact.  So I switched to a brighter blue....which isn't much better.  Need to try two strands and see if that helps.  

This is all in the name of 'creating original art'.......and it's actually been very enjoyable despite the starts and stops.


1 comment:

Robbie said...

Well, it's lovely...regardless of how it ends up!!!!