Sunday, March 15, 2020

PTA RETREAT - PART 2

As you might imagine......documenting everyone's projects slips my mind as the days go by....but here are a few. Most participants get FAR more done than I do.  I'm a terribly slow and methodical sewer that insists on pressing seams as I go.....but I will share my project in the next post.
Leigh Anne used some wonderful Japanese Indigo fabrics for this woven quilt.  She was doing a lot of fussy cutting which will make it even more special and interesting.
She also brought these prepared Dresden Plate blocks, along with several fabrics and experimented with this unique and very successful layout.  Poor Leigh Anne.....she had input from all 9 of us.
 Cathy used our community "i-spy" box full of conversation prints to make TWO adorable baby quilts for a family member who had twins.
 Judy out did herself this year.....she made this small wall piece using indigo dyed fabrics and companion strips.  Her plan is to enhance it with hand embroidery....I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of the jump start embroidery she did, it's just lovely.
 Barbara worked on several projects.....we all loved this sweet polka dot piece.  She has plans to complete it at home and trust me....it will no longer be a two color quilt when she's finished!
 I shared some black and white pre-cut triangles of varying sizes with Judy about a year ago. As she was struggling to decide what to work on at retreat I mentioned I was working with more of that black and white fabric.  She got her stack out and used her accuquilt to cut new uniform shapes.  This is the very eye appealing piece she came up with.
We walk back and forth from our retreat house to where the sewing room is located on the property......I spied this sign of spring on the way back to our house for lunch one day.  Honestly, I'm waddling now.....and the zipper on my pants may not be fulled closed....way tooooo much yummy food and adult beverage calories were consumed.

No comments: