Sunday, March 29, 2020

MORE SPRITZER SISTER LAUGHTER

I've received a lot of reaction to my Spritzer Sister post.....so I thought in these 
stressful times, you might enjoy a few more ditties about our adventures.

As I mentioned in my last post, the Spritzer Sisters wrote a series of articles for Ladies Circle Patchwork Quilts magazine.....here's one that appeared in June 1997.  You should be able to click on the image to enlarge it....all contact info on lower right is out of date.

Our guild motto was "Open Mouth Insert Foot".  SSF made one for each of us.

 Upon returning from another (AND LAST) week long quilt class at Split Rock, SSF sent me this card.  The only redeeming thing about all the classes we took was our time together and a couple of wonderful friends we met along the way.
 Inside was her small drawing of one (very typical) moment together.  We had forgotten that I drove my car to the hall where our class was held at the U of Minn. and after class, we simply walked back to our on-campus apartment. After heading to bed, suddenly I hear this screak from SSF......followed by much laughter as she asked if I knew where my car was.  We weren't allowed overnight parking in that lot so we had to get dressed and limp down the many steep hills to retrieve it.  We both complained of having shin splints due to the ever present steep hills we had to traverse on this campus.....

As I've gone through my (memory lane) Spritzer Sister folder, I've come across such amusing escapades......  There a many newsletters, special reports, board meeting minutes, our camp song...etc.  I may share more assuming I can figure out how to redact the identity of certain people that may not have appreciated our fun loving ways.  Therefore, the Spritzer Sisters didn't enjoy them!


7 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

OH, that is hilarious! Do share more, we all need a reason to laugh nowadays!!

Jo said...

A much loved laugh! Thank you Mary. If I was around at the time of your festivities I would have probably joined in and loved every minute!

Norma Schlager said...

Hi Mary,
I haven't checked in in awhile and I'm glad to see your very funny upbeat posts. That's certainly what we need in these trying times.
Stay healthy and carry on!

Francie Ginocchio said...

THIS IS SSF! WHAT FUN TO REMEMBER ALL THE HILARIOUS THINGS WE DID TOGETHER. MAYBE WE NEED A COMMEMORATIVE ROAD TRIP TO EVERY BEN FRANKLIN (do they still exist) OR DOLLAR STORE ALONG ROUTE 66 -- OR PERHAPS WE NEED SOME VIRTUAL ROAD TRIP TIME. THANKS SSM!

The Inside Stori said...

It's SSM here - my answer to SSF.....Have Spritzer (pal) will travel......virtual or otherwise when all this drama is over!

Nancy said...

Oh funny! An annual report. I bet both of your still remember your secret sister's name.

Sherrie Spangler said...

I recognize that foot fabric! I bought yards of it when it came out many years ago and its feet are still wandering through my quilts! Love that story about forgetting the car.