Sunday, June 2, 2019

PROCESS CONTINUES - SILVER DOLLAR PLANT WALL ART

I'm slowing making my way back into the studio as some of the pressing home projects are now completed.  Of course the list never ends but for my mental health.....studio time is necessary too..... I know you all understand that!!
 Blanket stitching around each motif with Sulky Rayon Embroidery thread is slow going, but the results are worth taking the time to do achieve a tidy finish.
 Now some handwork will begin....still my favorite part of any project.
....Several trashy Bravo TV shows later and I'm onto the next step: sandwiching the top with batting and backing, outline machine quilting, and perhaps some more background hand embroidery....stay tuned.

9 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Good progress!!

Kathy said...

You have a wonderful way of making a simple detail into an elegant design. Love this one!

The Inside Stori said...

Thank you so much Kathy for the kind words!!!

Laura said...

Thanks for explaining your thought process. Good for you with the perseverance it took to do the machine blanket stitching, always tedious and a little difficult to have a tidy finish with the irregular shapes. I love how your hand stitch enhances the image. Thanks again for your generosity.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I know it's early on to be thinking about edge finish (or maybe not) but as I looked at the enlarged view of the hand stitching you added, I noticed the softly frayed edge of the silk along the outside and thought, "this is one that might benefit from leaving that raw edge in place." It's what happened to me on one of my quilts (Masks), something I NEVER thought I would want to do. But it was perfect for that particular quilt and because I'd used hand cross-stitching in many places within the quilt, it seemed appropriate to add it around the edge to secure the layers while keeping the raw edge intact and visible. http://tinyurl.com/y4ocw4fe

Robbie said...

love, love, love it!!!!!!

Ramona said...

I just love this... but then I love the money plant. :)

Nancy said...

The hand stitching really accents this so beautifully.

Norma Schlager said...

Nothing better than trash TV to do hand work. I love how this is turning out.