Friday, June 14, 2019

CONTINUING - DESIGN PROCESS

Part 5 -  Creating a wall art quilt - from start to finish.....
*Note - if you've missed the other posts, scroll back to see the entire process.


As you can perhaps surmise, the applique has been completed and 3 other more subtle details have been added.  I purposely stayed away from a bright color for the birds, choosing instead a more blendable color to allow the viewer to 'discover' them upon closer inspection of the piece.

A backing has been added and the tree motifs have been outline quilted to better hold the layers together.  The final step will be to finish the edges with a facing and I'll show you the method I use in the next post.

Linking to:  Nina-Marie's Off The Wall Friday & Sarah's Whoop Whoop Friday.

5 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So clever, I like the way you did the birds too. It was fun to look for them.

Linda M said...

Love this piece!

Angela said...

I love this one!

Shannon said...

Red was a great choice for the birds. I probably wouldn't have picked it for something I wanted to be subtle, but you were really successful here imo. It blends enough to be not the first thing that grabs your eye, but they are clearly still there as a distinct design element. Cool!

Joan said...

This is definitely one of my favorite pieces!