Friday, May 10, 2019

FROM NEARLY DONE TO BACK AT IT!!

For many reasons this quilt has been especially slow going......
 ......then finally the machine quilting was done...OR was it?!  After putting the piece back on my design wall, the cornerstones kept bugging me.....I felt they became too prominent.....drawing attention away from the focus fabric.
So after some musing, I've decided to applique black circles in those areas to tame the impact.  There's truly no rush to finish....I'd rather be totally pleased with the outcome than regret pushing ahead just to say it's finished.


5 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Interesting solution to the problem, I hope it isn't too labor intensive, LOL!!

Shirlee Fassell said...

Great solution somehow the circles make the eye see the block designs and not notice the corner squares.

Pat .F in Winnipeg said...

Oh my! Interesting solution. Not sure about the impact. Does it possibly add to the focus on the cornerstones rather than detract from it?

Gwyned Trefethen said...

There is an art to self critique. You have it mastered, knowing just when to add that one more thing that pulls the piece together.

The Inside Stori said...

Yet again I'm getting no notices from blogger about pending comments.......so I'm tardy replying my thanks for your input...all of you...many thanks.
To Pat in Winnipeg....I don't see anyway of replying directly as your email isn't published on your site......yes, my worry was by adding the circles I would only be adding to the muddle....however, it's now finished and at least in my eyes it was the right way to go. We'll see how fast it sells...that's the real test!