Thursday, September 27, 2018

QUILT SHOW AND GUILD PINS

Who have thunk it?!?  After spending nearly 6 months finding homes for my dear friend's quilting treasures, I am far more cognizant of the amount of 'stuff' I have.....and thinking now might be the time to see if anyone else might treasure them.
Going through my walk in storage (quilt supply) closet....actually looking for a tin of old buttons (which I never found), I came across 1/ 1/2 pounds of quilt show and guild metal pins.  

What memories came flooding back as I picked through them.  After 25+ years of collecting, intending to do something clever with them....they were still in a small storage tin.  So, I offered them for free on two of the sites that provided so many sales for my friend's fabrics/quilts etc.  

Well...what do you know.......I was inundated with quilters eager to have them. So off they go to Puyallup, WA.  The recipient and me both have smiles on our faces.

4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Goodness, I have my own small collection of such pins, and used to rotate them on a jacket that I'd appliqued a square in a square block on to cover up some brand stitching. I was also going to make a miniature square in a square quilt where I could attach one of these pins in the center of each block. As you say, something that seemed clever at the time but never done. I'm surprised that there's a market for these, although I suppose I should not be surprised at all.

Robbie said...

Nice to know the pins will have a good home!!! HA No point in them sitting in a closet somewhere.

Sherrie Spangler said...

When I used to go to Houston I would wear all my pins on a jacket, but those days are long gone. I still have all the bags from Houston and other quilt shows, too, and my daughter will probably have to deal with them when I'm gone.

Anonymous said...

Hi there colleagues, good post and nice urging commented at thi place, I am really enjoying by these.