Friday, September 28, 2018

CAREER HIGHLIGHT

I'm over the moon with this news.  The University of Wisconsin-Stout has acquired 15 of my most notable wearable art garments.  They will be archived in in their Apparel Design and Development Department with their permanent historical collection of garments.
It's hard to believe that the contents of 2 large boxes span over 25 years of creating wearable art.
These pieces are the best examples of my passion...most were made for specific prestigious invitational or juried shows such as the Fairfield Fashion Show which put wearables on the map.  Included too were pieces made for the AQS/Hobbs Fashion shows and numerous pieces from my book "The Wholecloth Garment Stori".

Instead of going into detail for each and their significance......I hope you'll just enjoy seeing a variety of the pieces.  Some are pictured as worn by professional models for the Fairfield Fashion Shows.
MOTHER OF THE GROOM ENSEMBLE
MR. McGREGOR'S GARDEN - AQS/HOBB'S FASHION SHOW 1990
QUEEN OF HEARTS - BEST OF SHOW - AQS/HOBB'S FASHION SHOW 1993
AMBER WAVES OF GRAIN
KODAK MoooMENTS

IF I WERE A HOLSTEIN I'D WEAR MORE THAN SPOTS
VINEYARD REFLECTIONS
ARE THE STREETS IN HEAVEN REALLY PAVED WITH FABRIC?
SPINNING AROUND THE WEB
ONE O'CLOCK JUMP

FROLICKING IN BLACK AND WHITE

Click to these links to see what other artists are sharing this week:  Nina-Marie's Off The Wall Friday & Sarah's Whoop, Whoop Friday.


10 comments:

Kathy said...

It is so wonderful that your garments have found a permanent new home! They are certainly treasures worth showing off. Hooray!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Congratulations!!

Linda M said...

Congratulations! I remember seeing many of those garments in American Quilter magazine and I was enthralled.

Sherrie Spangler said...

Major congratulations! Your garments are so fun!

Nancy said...

That's wonderful, Mary- congratulations! Seeing them all together is a treat. The fashion shows at Houston and other exhibits were always a highlight!

Ann Scott said...

That's so exciting. Congratulations!

Robbie said...

What an honor!!!! Congrats!!! And so many folks will see your work! I love, love, love that cream vest!!! And you are adorable in the yellow outfit!!!! How very cool, Mary! So happy for you to be recognized this way!! And your outfits will always have a good home!!!! And be appreciated by others!

The Idaho Beauty said...

They are SOOOO lucky to have these for their collection. Some I'm sure I have not seen before like the mother of the groom ensemble. Amber Waves Of Grain has been a favorite of mine since buying the book it is in. So happy for you that these now have a permanent home.

Patsy said...

Congratulations to you, Mary! This is very exciting news!

quiltedfabricart said...

Omg! Congratulations! What an honor. I seem to remember a few of those too. The waves of grain in particular I remember wanting to make one for myself which of course I never did. I think I started it but it never got finished.