Thursday, September 6, 2018

ART RAMBLE

We belong to a very active local car club.  The event chairperson, Jim Moore has boundless energy and spends an enormous amount of time developing/organizing and running special outings for the group.
This past week we had an 'Art Ramble' to the NC Arboretum where 20+ members visited the quilt exhibit that my two buddies (Judy Simmons, Kate Weston and I) have on display.  Jim arrived in his 1986 Carrera....he called that 'stretching its legs!!  What a beauty!
I was amazed how quickly I slipped back into my teaching mode! My mini-presentation was so well received. I brought lots of labeled fabric samples to help the viewers better understand the terminology they'd be reading on the signage next to each quilt.  Very few non-quilters would even have a clue that one could transform a piece of white cloth in so many different ways.
During my travel teaching days this quilt was always a crowd favorite and of course Porsche owners welcomed it as well.  It's called "Waiting For Spring"....a spoof of my husband sitting in the garage in the middle of winter with the top down on his speedster, blue face due to the cold despite wearing a Green Bay Packer hat!

I was flattered by the number of members who visited and expressed so much interest in quilt art.  It was truly an enjoyable time.

16 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like a very fun outing. And what a good way to educate the members about textile art!

Kim said...

Love your little, cute quilt....it screams fun...and that car.....how fabulous!

Norma Schlager said...

Great quilt. My late hubby would have liked it, too, being a car collector.

Linda said...

What a cute art quilt. And I love the personal story that goes along with it.

Nancy said...

What a great outing, and nice to share your passion with the car group members. That car quilt is a laugh out loud one! And the Porsche is a beauty.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

We live in the best part of the country to be in a car club!! I love your art quilt of your hubby in his Packer hat!

Run 'n Stitch said...

What a fun field trip. Your quilt is sure adorable.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL!! I'm sure the Porsche enthusiasts got a kick out of your car quilt! It was SEW kind of you to provide a bit of quilt education, too.

Anonymous said...

These are genuinely enormous ideas in about blogging. You have touched some nice factors here.
Any way keep up wrinting.

Anonymous said...

I really like what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and reporting!
Keep up the superb works guys I've added you guys to my blogroll.

Anonymous said...

Terrific post however , I was wanting to
know if you could write a litte more on this topic?
I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit
further. Appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you are getting thoughts
from this article as well as from our discussion made at this time.

Anonymous said...

I think that everything said made a lot of sense. But, what about this?
what if you wrote a catchier title? I ain't saying your content isn't
solid., but what if you added a title that makes people want more?
I mean "ART RAMBLE" is a little plain. You should peek at Yahoo's front page and
watch how they create article titles to get viewers interested.
You might add a related video or a related picture or two to grab readers
excited about what you've written. Just my opinion, it could bring your posts a little livelier.

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for executive car

Anonymous said...

Hello, just wanted to say, I loved this blog post.
It was funny. Keep on posting!

Anonymous said...

An outstanding share! I've just forwarded this onto
a friend who has been conducting a little homework on this.

And he actually bought me breakfast simply because I found it for him...

lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!!
But yeah, thanks for spending time to discuss this matter here on your site.