Friday, July 6, 2018

READY, SET, SEW

Much to my surprise, the large Japanese fabric inspired wall art quilts I've been creating over the last couple of years continue to sell well. I try to have a spare one ready to hang should the one on display sell.  So, right now I'm scrambling to make that 'spare' one.  What a good problem to have, right?

 I'd previously cut a bunch of rectangles from some smaller cut pieces that were leftovers from some earlier fussy cutting.  That helped to jump start these blocks.  The blocks are now made and in their final arrangement. 
I was so charged up to see progress that I sewed the first 4 rows together.  Then then for an unknown reason, I skipped row 5 and was in the process of working on 6 & 7..... when a mistake in the position of 1 block became apparent. If you REALLY have nothing else to do...you can look for it....cause it's still there (for now).  

Hopefully by the time you read this....the top will be finished and on the way to being basted.  Though I'm considering adding another row both vertically and horizontally....if I had enough of the black sashing print, I'd add narrow borders.   Okay, enough chatter today......ready, set, sew.....

Visit these fine blogs to check out what others artists have been working on this week:  Nina-Marie's Off The Wall Friday, Sarah's Whoop, Whoop Friday.

6 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Did you really think we wouldn't go searching for the misplaced block? lol I always find it amazing how my brain blocks out such obvious errors when putting stuff up on the design wall. But hey, this is looking good and it's great to hear that these quilts are moving.

quiltedfabricart said...

They are very striking with a lot going on but not on a chaotic way. I love the layout and can see why they sell.

The Inside Stori said...

Okay.....I'll tell.....the first blocks in rows 8 & 9 are in a horizontal position....one should be vertical.....happily I was able to correct that BEFORE sewing those block rows together!!!

Robbie said...

Testing my pea brain again!!! HA. It is a cool piece!

Norma Schlager said...

When I enlarged the picture I enjoyed seeing the snippets of all those beautiful Japanese fabrics. I can see why they are so popular.

Ann Scott said...

It's amazing how different each quilt looks due to your sashing and layouts. Congratulations on the continued sales!