Saturday, July 21, 2018

COUNT DOWN TO EXHIBIT

My two pals, Judy Simmons and Kate Weston and I will be hanging "Nature Across the Carolinas: Fiber Art with Quilts" this week at the NC Arboretum.  It runs July 26 - Sept. 16, 2018.  It's our third exhibit there together and the 7th time I've had work exhibited.

We got a little PR in the Asheville Citizens Time Newspaper.  Timing is everything, three photos were submitted, they chose this one.  This piece of mine actually sold at Woolworth Walk Art Gallery in the beginning of this month....but I hope it draws folks in....there will be about 90+ wall quilts to view!

You may have to click on the article to enlarge the type.....

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful coverage of this event! 90+ pieces is a lot- you have your work cut out for you. But it will be worth the effort I'm sure. Congratulations on the exhibit.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great publicity! Looking forward to seeing the exhibit.

Ann Scott said...

That is awesome, congratulations and have a wonderful exhibition!

Kathy said...

Wish I were traveling through while it's hanging. I would love to see it. Good luck with it and I hope everything sells for both of you!!!

Robbie said...

What a nice article!!! How nice there is such a great venue so others can see all of you and your buds talent!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Excited to hear that quilt has sold! And happy to see such a nice writeup about you and the exhibit. Good luck to you and your friends - may you raise plenty of money for the arboretum.