Monday, April 28, 2014

TO DYE FOR.....

Non-stop dyeing with girlfriends is hard to beat......we had a ball!  I took 104 photos.....don't worry...I won't share them all with you.  But for now, here's an overview of our getaway....
Car pack to the gills....
Upon arrival at our destination.....we began building some long narrow dye trays....yes, with POWER tools.....  Though I guess we should admit to having to ask a neighbor for a little guidance.

 Tried and true dye recipes were reviewed.
More recipes were studied....
Which eventually yielded THE MOST amazing results....with ear splitting screeching as fabric came out of the dryer and were being pressed.  You may want to skip this very sort video.....but on the other hand, I KNOW most of you will get it!
 We found time to watch the sun set.....
Prepare yummy food.....
 And dye everything in sight....and when we ran out of fabric........
....I decided underwear was fair game.

More results of our dye experiments coming soon........

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We know those screams of delight! Would love some more photos of the boxes and the process as it looks like you had a lot of fun.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I'm tempted to say you gals need to get a life...if I hadn't been there myself! ;-) And the underwear...oh my - Judi would be proud of you!

Kathie Briggs said...

Loved the video. Reminded me of many moments in the "wet room" at the Focus on Fiber retreat in Florida. Dyeing is too much fun.