Friday, December 23, 2011

I CAN'T HELP IT!

Really, I hadn't planned on beading the outside edge....I just can't help it.  I've guided students for years and years by telling them.....to bead it like ya mean it.....

Another reason for the decision to bead the edge.....I'm a SUPER perfectionist.....does it show??  So once the facing was stitched in place, it became apparent that turning the corners of this painted fabric caused them not to be perfectly square.  Yes, I trimmed and graded the seam allowance, however this is a small piece, appx. 8" sq. and the fabric is super stiff, yet some what stretchy if that makes any sense.  


Beading the edges should mask the slight imperfections in the outside edges.  Hummm.....that's just another reason to bead!  I'll post the final view soon.

No comments: