Saturday, November 29, 2008

WORD DESIGNS

Lately I've been creating designs using words and numbers.....sorry, since I'm talking Xmas presents.....I can't post the results till Santa comes.  

My research of this subject has taken me to such amazing internet sites.  One of the best is  wordle.net  It's a toy for 'word clouds' generated from words you provide.  It allows you to use different fonts, layouts, color schemes and the results are yours to keep!  I've been spending a serious amount of time checking out the gallery.



Here's one I created to use in my challenge design for a fiber arts group I belong to.



Once I downloaded a jpg. of the words, I imported it into Keynote, running the 'clouds' together.  After my first sample printing on paper, I noticed that the vertical words gave the appearance of a line which was distracting.  I removed the offending words and added a few horizontal ones to fill in the blanks and printed it out on solid fabric sections.  I'll piece these together and use for the background of my design.

The website will make you wonder....how on earth do they do that.....it's just fascinating....have fun!



1 comment:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I really enjoyed the site and creating my own clouds.
Now I have to figure our how to save them and use them on my blog.
K