Wednesday, November 19, 2008

HAND QUILTING

I'll be substituting for my good friend, Ami Simms at the Capital Quilters Guild in Raleigh, NC the  next few days.  Ami's Mom, who was Ami's inspiration for the formation of the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative is nearing the end of her struggle with this horrible disease, please keep them in your prayers.

I'll be presenting a lecture, Viewed With A Smile, Humorous Quilts by Mary Stori, Thursday evening.

Friday, there will be two half-day hand quilting workshops.  It often seems that hand quilting is a disappearing art.....it's all about fast, fast, fast these days.  I've always believed that quilters really WANT to hand quilt, especially on those very special quilts, but because they aren't satisfied with their quilting stitches, they don't want to TAKE the time.

Here's a perfect opportunity to learn all my tricks and tips for small, uniform stitches on the front and back of a quilt.  I'll even hold your hand to guide your needle if necessary!

So if you are in the area and interested in the few seats that are open, contact me (click email on the upper right) and I can get you connected.


Yes, I really do hand quilt!!  This is titled Spring Green....it's hand stipple quilted, trapunto, and yup...a few beads to give the illusion of dew drops.


Perhaps if you look closely enough, you can see the actual hand quilting stitch.  Well....I'm off to pack!


2 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

We are so happy that you are filling in for Ami at our meeting Thursday night! Looking forward to a fun meeting.

Betsy said...

The green piece is stunning. I cannot believe the lovely detailing of your hand quilting.