Thursday, November 13, 2008

NOVELTY PRINTS

I almost feel like a fish out of water.  My lust for working with felted wool and beads has kept me from making a 'real' quilt for quite some time.

Our small fiber art group has organized a 2 night - 3 day retreat in early January.  Trying to figure out how I can best use this time has been sort of hanging over my head.  Luckily, my friend Judy mentioned she wanted to make an 'i-spy' quilt.....so the next time she has to come up with a baby gift....she'll be ready.  Brilliant!!

It's the kind of mindless sewing that will keep the whole process fun as I'm sure there will be lots of breaks, giggles, meals, walks, etc.  So, concentrating on a major piece for me would be too much pressure.

As you can see.....I have tons of novelty prints in my stash......in order to make the best use of my time, I'm going to fussy cut the fabric into 4 1/2" squares....along with some solid bright colors for sashing strips now so I'll have to do is play with patches and stitch them together when the time comes.

We are finally getting MUCH needed rain so perhaps in the next few days I'll be all set.  Right now, I'm off to our monthly PTA fiber art meeting.....see ya!

No comments: