Friday, April 17, 2009

NEW FELT PRODUCT

If you've been following my blog for awhile you know I'm smitten with National Nonwoven's Woolfelt.  The company will be previewing their newest product at Spring Market.....but I have a sneak look for you right now.

It's called XoticFelt....made from 50% bamboo and 50% rayon.  Oh my......it has the look of felt, but it's super soft and drapes well.  As with their other felt products, their are no edges to turn as it cuts very cleanly.

I was lucky enough to get some samples from National Nonwovens and can't wait to dig into it.


The first experiment I did was to soak several pieces in cool water with a drop of laundry detergent in my washing machine.  I let them agitate for about 1 min. before the rinse cycle came on (can't turn off this function on my machine....so I had no choice).  Then they ran through the spin cycle, and finally dried in my dryer.  The fabric on the right has been washed. It developed some texture due to this process...which I like.  Shrinkage was minimal however the loft was greater.  I didn't detect that washing really 'felted' the product....meaning....making it stronger and more dense, so this task would not be necessary unless you wanted the appearance of more texture.

As with their other felt products.....I would recommend washing like colors together because there was some dye residue in the water.  


Look at these luscious colors.......oh happy days......

No comments: