Friday, January 20, 2023

PERSISTENCE!!!

 Talk about a learning curve.....I'm embarrassed to share just how long it took for me to scan and cut two words of text and 1 skinny tree using my new Brother Scan n' Cut machine. None of the steps are intuitive...at least for me. As the photos indicate - my first cutting was a total failure. Leading me to learn how to mirror image the scanned words, make them larger, & create more space between letters......




I still can't figure out why my line drawing of the skinny tree scanned correctly but after saving, only a few lines showed up. Over and over I repeated the process.....finally after retracing it on new paper it worked. But the cutting was a mess....maybe the motif branches were too narrow. So at the end of the day I accomplished what I set out to do......in what I thought would take an hour!! Persistence!!


6 comments:

dgs said...

What were your cut settings?

Robbie said...

Good lord! That's all I'd need is to try and learn another machine or technique! HA You did great afterall!

Nancy said...

Holy moly- fried brain time on this! But there is a way- there MUST be a way. So your persistence is the key. As the saying goes, some day you'll look back on this and laugh. But not today. Hang in there. Creating words and skinny trees without all the hand cutting is a plus, so this should be worth the effort.

The Inside Stori said...

Yes, Nancy.....I know there's a way....got lots of suggestions from readers and pals......I'm finding my way to Youtube videos and Facebook groups..... With that said, I think the struggle on my own is important too.....that's how we ultimately learn!

Laura said...

Glad you've been able to persist Mary. I've often found software that is supposed to be "helpful", very counter intuitive. Not sure who designs these things (and that's from me with a science degree so I should have some ability).
Looking forward to scan cut trees in your works in the future.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Hang in there, you'll have a masterpiece soon. The distraction is good too, keeps your mind busy.