Monday, January 16, 2023

LOVE SEEING THE HOMES MY PIECES NOW HAVE

 It's rare to learn who purchases one of my pieces from the gallery....although sales directly from me fill in those blanks.  To actually see where they now reside is a true gift.  Learning the story behind the new owner's passion for a specific piece is even better.  That an inspiration I had converts to such happiness is a thrill.



From the buyer who has purchased a number of pieces from me over the years: 

 "Once I saw that art quilt, I just KNEW it was mine. It was a treat for me to spend 2 weeks in the summer at my grandmother’s farm.  If I wanted to play with the tenant’ s daughter, I had to help her with her chores.  One of them was plucking the chickens.  From that, a collection was born with your art quilt the last addition.

Thought you’d like to see the quilt in its’ new home."

From Mary:      Thank you for sharing with my followers.......and I know we can all say....we love your collection of funky chickens!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a perfect display! It brings a smile.

The Inside Stori said...

Thank you Nancy.......love the enthusiasm!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Well, how perfect is that? And perhaps a peek into why it is so difficult to make art to sell, to market. It's really difficult to anticipate just what will capture the eye of a prospective buyer. As Michael James always says, just do the work, what makes you happy, whether it sells or not. At least you will have made things you can be proud of and like, and it will show in the work. Paraphrasing of course.