Tuesday, January 10, 2023

CATCHING SOME STUDIO TIME

 Some much needed studio time was finally accomplished.....short bouts of indecision as I shuffled fabric here and there.  I feared I  lost my creativity.  Determination is my middle name so I came away with an art quilt background that awaits the focal motifs I have planned. 

Here's some in progress views......


Building layers on Pellon stabilizer
All pinned and ready to stitch
Notice here how I blended the spottiness of the ice dyed fabrics away (above photo) with the aid of fabric colored pencils.
Detail of some stitching that's been added.

Please visit again to see what comes next.







4 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy that you had some time in the studio! And creativity is probably hanging around, waiting for you to be a bit more rested. This is a lovely start!

The Inside Stori said...

Kathie.....I feel it tickling me!!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

This will be another beauty! Sorry your Packers didn't win.

Nancy said...

So glad you had some time in the studio- and lovely results so far!