Saturday, January 14, 2023

ALMOST HEAVEN - new work

Once I got the evergreen boughs cut, I became obsessed and in a finishing mode.  So my first art quilt of 2023 is now complete!


                                                 ALMOST HEAVEN

26” X 17” © Mary Stori

Artist hand ice-dyed cottons & batiks, appliquéd, 

thread stitched, & densely quilted by machine. Edges finished with hand stitched double fold binding. Fabric hanging sleeve attached.


This piece will be in my home inventory for the time being.  If interested contact me directly.  

9 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks fantastic!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh, this is SO lovely! I'd be tempted to give it to that son who got you the machine. ;-)

Kathy said...

Way to go!!! Looks like another winner!

The Inside Stori said...

Sheila.....I'd give it to our son in a heartbeat if he wanted it........they already have more pieces of mine than they can hang!
Hope someone does give it a home though.

Nancy said...

How nice to have the first finish. And it's a beauty. Those tree shapes are just outstanding against the hills and sky.

Laura said...

Your sky is exquisite. I also really like the bare branches? interspersed amongst the tree foliage. I am so glad you have the mental space to get back to your creative efforts. Happy new year and hoping 2023 will give you lots of opportunities to create.

dgs said...

What a beautiful art quilt. I love it. And I'm happy you found time to work on this brilliant project. What great fun and creativity to kick off the new year.

Sherrie Spangler said...

It's beautiful.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Mary, that DID cross my mind about the son already having lots of your pieces. Surely this one will sell fast - fingers crossed!