Thursday, January 12, 2023

FUN WITH A NEW TOOL

Unlike many quilters, I don't embrace all the new tools that flood the shops & shows.  Seems there is a nifty specialty ruler introduced every week.  

My Christmas gift from son/family was a Brother Scan n' Cut machine.  Our small Fiber Frenzy group was introduced to it in the fall and I could really see how helpful it would be for me.

Now, my head is spinning thanks to my pal Kathie who gave Judy Simmons and me a comprehensive lesson on our new Scan n' Cut Brother machines. WOW....so much to learn. Both of us did videos as we went through the many options of the machine....lots of stops/starts talking over each other & mistakes that helped us learn. 

I came home with evergreen boughs to add to my new landscape art quilt. Here's a sneak peak which of course needs to be appliquéd before adding final touches to the art quilt.



3 comments:

linda schiffer said...

Julie Fei Fan Balzer (https://www.juliebalzer.com/#/ is a mixed media artist (including quilting:) who uses the Brother Scan n Cut a lot and demos it on her You Tube videos from time to time. I do not make art like hers but I enjoy her relentless, nurturing approach to making art. Check her out.

:) Linda

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, that is looking nice!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful Christmas present! I remember how excited you were to try this machine out at one of your group sessions. Sky's the limit for you now. :-)