Monday, May 17, 2021

PLAYING BOBBIN CHICKEN

Gas is slowly returning to our state but as of this morning, over 50% of stations are still without gas.  All the excuse (not that I need one) to spend excess time in the studio.

My project is now assembled, backed and basted.  The quilting begins.  I don't generally wish I had a long arm, but when working on pieces this big, it'd sure be nice.  Quilting will not be super dense because it is basically a utility quilt for our son's family, and not designed as wall art.

Today I played bobbin chicken and won!  My machine doesn't have a low  bobbin thread alert which is generally okay with me.  My Pfaff did but it left so much thread on the bobbin I tended to ignore it anyway......always thinking I'd remember to check in a few minutes but of course I forgot!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad the gas situation is improving, but you still have to plan your trips accordingly for awhile it looks like. Those are some mighty long seams to be playing bobbin chicken with. A good outcome!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great win with bobbin chicken, LOL!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Bobbin chicken - I've never heard it described that way but indeed, I think we all play it. Can't waste a single inch of thread! Plus I often take the bobbin running out as my cue to take a break or quit for the day. What would you call that? ;-)