Friday, March 26, 2021

MOVING RIGHT ALONG

The stitching is now complete....and it was quickly slapped onto the design wall, not for it's formal portrait, esp. since it's very crooked, but I wanted it out of the way while I arranged the backing and batting on my cutting table in preparation for basting. 

Over the last couple of years I've created many Japanese inspired art quilts but this color scheme is new for me.....what a pleasure to work with unfamiliar colors.  Yes, it's my version of the traditional Chinese Coins, of which I've made two previous pieces.  Both sold so I it seemed sensible to go with success!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Oriental fabric never seems to have blue available. It's always red or black. I think this one is gorgeous and should sell very quickly. Well done!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lovely! Nicely showcases those gorgeous oriental fabrics.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I like the way you vary the widths of the strips across the quilt, taking a traditional design and making it your own. If it were mine, I know I'd spent hours looking at all those different patterns in the individual coins. What a great way to use these smaller piece up.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Looking more closely, is that gold piping along the edges of the blue strips?