Sunday, March 14, 2021

NEEDLE FELTING BOOKCOVERS

Wet felting has always been my preferred method over needle felting....which actually is suprising since I'm such a neat-nick and don't usually like messy techniques.  

After noticing how many curls, strands, etc. of wool roving that have accumulated in my stash, I set out to come up with ideas how to utilize them. 




Since one of my staples of small items for sale at the gallery are composition book covers, it's a good place to start.  The base of the grey one is a National Nonwoven product, the red is 100% wool.  They measure  9.75" x 7.5".  Happy with outcome and I'll be creating more!


4 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Ooooh, I like those!!

Robbie said...

These are really so cool!

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Really lovely, Mary...these will be a good seller in Woolworth Gallery.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I LOVE these! Such a simple yet effective design. I'm guessing you are hand felting these these strands on?