Tuesday, March 9, 2021

CATCHING THE MOON

The only time I created pieces that were nearly clones of themselves were samples for my many quilting cruises/tours in order to provide visual options for the participants.  

However, over the last couple of years I've been drawn to working with simplistic silhouette designs. This piece is similar to a recent one.......and an example of why for years, beads were included in most of my work. Oh those wonderful bright shiny objects!!!

CATCHING THE MOON 
 Art - 13" x 9"  - Framed - 18" x 14"
SOLD
Hand-dyed cottons, machine applique, hand embroidery, hand beaded.

3 comments:

Robbie said...

So delicate, Mary! Yet seems to 'state' so much!

The Idaho Beauty said...

This would be so great as a gift to a child. These latest ones also put me in mind a bit of Bansky. Didn't you once do a challenge quilt in the style of Bansky? Whatever the inspiration, I really like these.

The Inside Stori said...

Good memory Sheila, yes I did a Banksy take off called Wash Day....with spots from a Holstein Cow hanging on a laundry line to dry and an unspotted cow! Love doing these little pieces and experimenting with displaying framed to see if that might increase sales....it will probably be a negative for online sales but hopefully positive for the gallery.