Monday, August 24, 2020

OPENING UP!!

Happily with the necessary precautions, people are beginning to emerge from their homes.  That means more visitors to Woolworth Walk Gallery in downtown Asheville.

And that prompted my trip to town to do some rearranging and adding of inventory.  I'd like a far less cluttered look to my allotted space, BUT....it won't sell if it's on my guest room bed at home......options, people, options!

Here's a look of what is currently on display, all except the piece (Morning Fog) over the ladder, it now has a new home.  




 

It's such a relief to feel energized again to create new work........not that I could stop even if I wanted to.....creating is like breathing to me.  

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a great boost to sell a piece right away. I think a lot of places can be open as long as they take precautions with the number of people in the store at one time.

Kathy said...

Absolutely...creating is like breathing. It's what keeps us alive, alert and awesome! Keep at it!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Your booth is very inviting! Now that the walk is open again, here's hoping for lots of sales!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh wow - that was quick. It must be gratifying for Morning Fog which was a technical feat to find a home right away. I can guess the unease about the crowded space probably comes from the years of exhibiting in gallery spaces where breathing room between pieces is the norm and anything less feels like a compromise. But this is a shop as it were, and you've done a good job of placing what you have in ways that keeps the buyer's eye moving, not just being overwhelmed. So glad to hear that space is open to the public again. I'm struggling myself with the problem of wanting to keep making but discouraged that so much of it is stored in bins. Even when exhibiting before my shoulder issue and then the virus closures, little if any was selling and that in itself is frustrating. I'm imagining that even though POAC is back to multiple exhibits around town, little is selling. But even if it doesn't sell, I DO like getting my work out there for the public to see. I may be dipping my toe back in before too long.