Wednesday, August 26, 2020

HAPPILY CREATING

I'm charged up again with ideas and as can often happen, mental images don't always translate to fabric......  So call this one try, try again, and again.
Analyzing what's not working is useful....in this case, the motifs I wished to add
simply were not compatible in size.  Sure, I had some that were, but then they weren't 
the right color scheme.  
Common leaves were actually my first design choice, but I've gone in that direction so many times, a change seemed in order.
Ultimately, the more exotic ginkgo leaf won the design line up.  Stems are arranged and pinned in place as paper leaves are added to complete the auditioning process.
So.......JACKIE......this design choice is for you!  You spotted the red on my first post of this project when it was only a pile of fabric.  AND I know how much you love red!!!  The stems are now fused and the ginkgo leaves will be follow.

Of course the next step will be appliquéing.....so I'll pop back in with those results soon.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This one is exotic and lovely and so peaceful--even with RED! Love it!