Tuesday, June 30, 2020

MICRO STITCHING

I decided to micro seed stitch the background of this piece with one strand of embroidery floss rather than the machine echo quilting originally planned 

Holy cow.....this is SUPER time consuming but I'm now committed so I'm trying to enjoy the slow process.  The piece is only about 8" x 14". The thought was not to add the overwhelming texture of machine echo quilting, choosing instead to go with a more subtle pebbled background that would allow the thread sketching to be the focus.

This will certainly take time.....


3 comments:

Robbie said...

This piece is going to be wonderful! The micro stitching is perfect for allow the design to pop!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Time well spent imo. Indeed, a machined echo would be too heavy I think and detract from the thread sketching. Oh look! I tiny spot of red in a ladybug!

Lynda said...

That's beautiful, but way too slow for me!!