Saturday, June 13, 2020

AN INKLING OF AN IDEA

I continue to be challenged by the large amount of Japanese style fabric I was gifted by a dear friend.  I actually couldn't imagine I'd ever use it, but am so grateful that it kept calling and challenging me.
 So....yet again, I'm developing ideas to showcase these designs.  Here's a kernel of a new idea.
I'm doing a lot of time consuming fussy cutting in order to highlight specific sections of the fabrics.  My routine for almost all my projects is to audition fabrics on my design wall....adding and subtracting as patchwork pieces are cut.  This helps to determine that I've chosen the right balance of color, scale, print and location of the patchwork design.  

Photographing as I go is beneficial.....even though I've looked at this on the wall numerous times, I immediately noticed that two side by side floral blocks were too similar the moment I reviewed the photo.  To get a better perspective consider taking photos of your in-progress work.

No comments: