Tuesday, August 6, 2019

WHY WE AREN'T MOVING

Here's your laugh for the day.......I've mentioned the deliberations we've gone through deciding whether or not we should move....mainly to downsize with the goal of finding a home more suitable to our aging process.

Though this is extreme, in some cases it's not too far off the mark of what we saw when home shopping.  The condition/decor/and cleanliness of most of the homes we viewed was a complete shock to us.....thus our decision to stay put and make our home as maintenance free, with a nod to handicap accessible as we can.

Check these photos out.....yes you will laugh.

No post is complete without at least one photo at hand.....here's a peek our deck/s, railings, staircase in the process of being replaced with Trex.


6 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a scream, those are some really strange things in those houses!! Between the front door upside down, to the tub on the staircase, what nightmares! What are these people thinking?

Nancy said...

The mantle over the sink and the canopy over the tub are real winners! And while I like cows, and I know you like cows, the cow kitchen was a bit much. No wonder they say "neutral colors" and remove vestiges of your personal taste! But personally, I think quilts may help sell- especially in the mountains of NC.

Robbie said...

Oh my gosh....each pic I thought was awful/funny but then the next one would pop up! I'm still wondering about the dining room table in front of the fireplace with the bathroom all in the same room! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

I laughed until I cried. When I saw the 2 toilets together I nearly fell out of my chair. House hunting is a nightmare. What are they thinking? We almost built then found this place. I needed a little work but was newish, clean and we grabbed it. Glad you are staying put.

Norma Schlager said...

Those houses were beyond bizarre! Hard to pick a “favorite”. You are so smart putting up a Trex deck. I wish that’s what I had.

The Inside Stori said...

To all.......I gotta say I can't tell you how many times I've heard regrets over not selecting TREX in the first place. I get it.....it's the COST.....but as I've said....since labor is usually half the cost of any project.....going with a product that will last forever without maintenance is a great choice. Our deck was already installed when we bought this house.....we would have done TREX had that been an option and we'd have NEVER had such a huge amount of deck......a waste for us...how much space can 2 people utilize on a deck anyway!?!