Thursday, August 8, 2019

BETTER IDEA NEARLY COMPLETE

Despite being short of time in the studio lately, I'm realizing that sewing a few blocks here and there DOES add up.  So, here's the human's 'man cave' quilt as opposed to the 'dog's  newly created one.
Sooty's quilt was made to protect our leather couch cushions, which she's now claimed as her own.  My quilt is to protect me from freezing to death!  When we watch TV in our lower level I'm always so cold.....ceiling fan is always on and french doors open....my ideal temp. is about 78 so having a quilt on hand is a necessity.

Since my goal is to utilize fabrics I already own, this one had me a bit worried for fear of running out of this color way.  I shouldn't have worried, there's actually a nice amount left over....maybe pillows are in my future. 

Now, onto figuring out how to quilt it....the least favorite part of quilting for me.  Then followed by hand sewing the binding in place, one quilting task I most look forward to.  Ah....the good and the bad.

'Refreshing' work continues in our home.....as is always the case...it takes twice as long and twice the set budget before it's complete but I've been snapping photos to unveil before and after photos.....keep your eyes peeled soon.

6 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

The quilt looks great!

Nancy said...

Yup--I like this one a lot! Oh, the "refreshing". Why does it take twice as long as the estimate? Once a project is underway, I just want it done and the workers gone. In the timeframe they said. We had a bathroom remodel that was wonderful when done, but it lingered far longer than I wanted. As long as you are happy with the results!

The Idaho Beauty said...

So very rich-looking - I love it and the zig zag setting. Perhaps quilting along the zig zags is the solution but I could also see a simple diagonal grid as well.

Robbie said...

How cool! When I saw your post in my blogger reading list, it appeared to be a wood floor pattern! Really nice!!!! I'd quilt on diagonal following your lines...or if you want to get fancey...all Circles!!!

Linda M said...

One of my cats has a similar quilt, a little lighter color way. It wasn't meant to be hers, but I folded it and put it on a stool and she promptly got on it and slept - its been hers ever since.
Good luck with the refreshing, we've done some over the years and it does take much longer and costs more than originally planned.

The Inside Stori said...

I like the suggestions to quilt diagonally.....which was my first thought too, but following the lines would be impossible because withthe exception of the black....none really meet since the strips were cut in a variety of widths. Like Robbie's idea of circles....but being a non-free-motion quilter.....that's out. Will ponder some more.....