Friday, August 2, 2019

BAD IDEA

Since Sooty got a new quilt, I decided I needed one in the man cave as well.  Neither 'the husband' or I like a/c, so in the summer we often head to our lower level for evening TV watching.  However with the overhead fan going and French doors open....I realize my comfort zone is 10 degrees higher than his.  So I really do need a snuggle quilt.  


Trying to work in a brown/black color scheme and using some wonderful authentic Indonesian batiks, I began my quest.  I've actually brightened this photo so you could see the prints....in real life they don't stand out enough due to the black sashing, nor coordinate enough with each other.  

So, those fabrics got refolded and put away.....a new batch of browns were pulled from my stash with a new piecing plan.  Not all 2:00 AM visions work in the daytime.....happily I only made these 2 blocks before I knew that the fabric choices were a bad idea.

Stay tuned won't you?

8 comments:

Kathy said...

It's that 2 AM time frame that throws it all off! On the other hand, some of the middle of the day brainstorms can fail, too! If the dark fails, go for the light.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, that is too bad, the prints look really interesting. How about sashing in a light cream?

Nancy said...

Those are wonderful prints, though. I've got lots of "visions" in my head, but many of them just stay there. At least yours is turning into something!

The Inside Stori said...

Carole's suggestion to go with a lighter sashing color actually was considered.....but since I'm determined to only work with fabrics in my stash, I had to switch gears.....not enough light cream or similar is on hand. Found some prints but they contrasted too much. Happily I scratched this direction entirely and now have a new plan. With 4 test blocks finished.....I'm ready to move forward......will be posting soon.

The Inside Stori said...

Nancy, I'm glad my poor vision only went as far as 2 blocks before I came to my senses! This idea is in the past....working on another one now and with 4 test blocks made, I'm happy and will move forward.

Norma Schlager said...

Serendipity. I was going thru my brown batiks for my sister for a quilt she is designing. I had forgotten how pretty those batiks are. I like the way your piece is coming and don’t think it looks too dark. No more dogs in my life right now, but I sure remember how they always loved the couches.

Robbie said...

You are a hoo! I'm sure you'll find a 'good home' in another project for the other two blocks! Gotta keep busy, don't we! HA

The Inside Stori said...

Actually Robbie.....I wasted no time.....I cut them up and will sneal a piece or two in my new project......alas....no waste (except for a bit of time)