Wednesday, April 24, 2019

MAKING GIFTS

My desire to make a few more bookcovers as gifts for the 2nd of two family events I'll be attending this summer moved me into a new direction.....by mistake!  Instead of purchasing 5" x 7" compostion books, I accidently ordered size 9.75" x 7.5.  DAH!!!

Coming up with closure ideas led me to an almost forgotten drawer of interesting buckles and closure gadgets.  Fortunately I have a fairly large collection of Ultra-suede but not many in the way of longer pieces.  Thank you to my pals Arlene and Judy for gifting me some of theirs!
 Marbled silk noil with Ultra-suede strap and vintage buckle.
 Mono-printed wool felt with Ultra-suede strap and recreational gear snap buckle.
 Mono-printed wool felt with Ultra-suede strap and vintage buckle.
Authentic Dutch Wax cotton fabric with leather tie closure.

4 comments:

Robbie said...

These are LOVELY, Mary!!!!! But your work always is...and what great gifts or items for sale!!! Yea for you!

Kathy said...

Great use of those buckles and lovely book covers!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lovely pieces! I have some buckles I need to send to you!

The Idaho Beauty said...

All lovely. For some reason the one with the circles appeals to me the most. I keep trying to think of different kinds of closures, ones where I might use buckles and some of the other things I've saved. Now I can see it CAN be done! Some recipients might really like the slightly larger size.