Friday, March 1, 2019

ON A ROLL WITH NOTEBOOK COVERS

This wraps up the week of book cover making.....check out the previous posts to see more if you missed them.

Top two are indigo dyed wool.  Because this wool was high quality dress goods, it didn't felt....thus the edges unraveled easily.  Working with it in a larger format composition notebook allowed for adding a batik lining without becoming too bulky.

The three smaller ones are silk noil, mono-printed with acrylic paints and batik lined.

Each utilizes Ultra-suede scraps for the spines and closures......I knew I was saving them for something!

I've had numerous inquiries about purchasing these notebooks.....yes, they are for sale.  Email me using the link on the right side bar for details.



4 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Lovely notebook covers. I had not thought of adding a tie but think it could be useful.

quiltedfabricart said...

These are really nice! I am addicted to making journal covers. Small project, relatively quick gratification and a good reason to try a new technique. These should sell well in your shop.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Honestly, these are fabulous, and I love that use of the Ultrasuede. I think it is the defining feature that sets these apart from most notebook covers.

Anonymous said...

Hiya! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?

My web site looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to fix this issue.
If you have any recommendations, please share. Thank you!