Tuesday, January 2, 2018

NEW YEAR - NEW WORK

A new project in the works....what a great way to start the New Year!
I've had this piece of ice-dyed silk noil (left) on my design wall for a couple of months, along with an ice-dyed linen napkin and eco-printed silk motif (right). The later came together fairly quickly and is already in my online gallery for sale.  However, a design for the other piece kept eluding me.
 After following many dead end paths, I'm now on a roll.....
 Of course a roll doesn't mean the construction is going quickly....hand appliqué can be so tedious when sewing through a stabilizer, not to mention the 3 layers that make up the moon.
Instead of tackling the many year end tasks every household must face, not to mention my little cottage industry, I spent the first day of 2018 happily stitching away while binging on episodes of "Vera".

5 comments:

Kathy said...

This one is already shaping up to be spectacular! And what you are doing is your retirement job, so if other things don't get done, it's because you are so busy at work!

The Inside Stori said...

Kathy, that's a 'frame worthy' statement!!!!

Robbie said...

We enjoy reading and seeing your progress on your work! This one is another winner-winner, chicken dinner!!!

Ann Scott said...

People who hand applique through more than two layers should receive an award! The Fallen Leaves piece is so pretty; I love the stitching and the mark making around the leaf. I'm looking forward to seeing the moon piece finished too. Thanks for sharing.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh my - this is already quite dynamic! It's gonna be a beauty, I can tell. :-)