Friday, January 26, 2018

HUNKERING DOWN

I've challenged myself to create a sunset/ocean/beach theme wall quilt....inspired by the many photos that are constantly being generated by family and friends.

Well.....it's easier said than done when translating those gorgeous scenes into fiber!  I've auditioned every piece of hand dyed fabric I made, wearing a path from the 'fabric closet' to my design wall!  
Progress has been so slow because I keep tweaking the design....which would be easier if I tweaked it before it was stitched.  There's already been many, many of hours 'unsewing' and hemming and hawing. But it's getting there....here's a little sneak peak of a portion of the quilt. Keep in mind it's only about half finished.....lots of details to be added. 

I will go back into hibernation mode and emerge when it's done!!!

See how other artists faired with week with their projects:  Nina-Marie's Off The Wall Friday, Sarah's Whoop Whoop Friday, Crazy Mom Quilts.


SaveSave

7 comments:

quiltedfabricart said...

You’ve got it ! All those trips to the stash and design wall have paid off. I think the colors are beautiful together. Now the fun part -adding stuff 🤗

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

We must be kindred spirits......I do a lot of unsewing on these things too. yours looks really wonderful now. It was all worth it.

Robbie said...

Hibernating is good for you!! Looks cool!!! Good to hear from you!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Ooo - I like how you did the sunrays. And the other quilting looks really good/appropriate too. Remember to be Mary as you finish this up. ;-)

Gwyned Trefethen said...

You've created such gentle movement. I can feel the breeze, while pausing to take in the glory of a new day.

Ann Scott said...

I love it! Foreground lit by your sun, so nice. One thing I always end up saying when I'm teaching Mini Landscapes classes..."At some point you just have to say DONE or you could be changing pieces forever!"

The Joyful Quilter said...

I can already tell that I am going to LOVE this quilt!! Enjoy hibernating with it.