Over at the C & T blog occasionally different beading techniques from my book "All-In-One Beading Buddy are posted. This one just popped up. Though the book is now out of print, it is available as an ebook for $6.99.
Decorative bead strings secure braid or other objects to fabric.
1. Position braid, come up through fabric at A.
2. String sufficient number of beads to completely cover thread as it crosses over braid (either horizontally or diagonally), go down at B.
3. Come up at C, add beads, go down at D (same angle as A/B).
In the Blue Ridge Mountains , North Carolina, United States
Mary Stori creates one-of-a-kind art quilts featuring bead embellishment, hand embroidery & machine stitching on artist created fabric such as hand dyed felted wool, screen printed or hand dyed cottons.
She declares, 'Mistakes are merely design opportunities, forcing one to experiment and grow, making an ordinary quilt, extra-ordinary!"
It's been a fabulous 25 years! In 2015 my teaching career on the quilting highway concluded. My focus has been redirected toward creating and selling my art. I will not be retiring to a Lazy-Boy rocker!
* Gallery 86 - Waynesville, NC
Members Display - Ongoing
* NC Arboretum - Asheville, NC
Nature Across The Carolinas
July - Sept. 2018
Firefly Gallery - Flat Rock, NC
Haywood County Arts Council Gallery - Waynesville, NC