Friday, August 14, 2015

VISITNG THE PAST

Many Midwest cities are steeped in Native American heritage......as was my hometown.  I was so surprised at the amount of information that was pertinent to my interests that was available at the historical society. 
 Can you imagine stitching with this needle.....and in person...it really was this large.
 BEADS?!?  Did someone say beads?!?
 The stunning Native American beadwork on display blew my mind......most featured very small seed beads....not the typical larger pony beads that we may all be familiar with.




Moving forward in time...this 1920's dentist office display reminded me why I HATE going to the dentist!!

3 comments:

Linda M said...

At least you are getting to see more than car races!

Robbie said...

I love native American art/beading!! They created such detail and workmanship warranty always beautiful! Nice you got to appreciate some of their work...ditto on that dentist room!

margaret said...

what beautiful bead work. Is there anyone I wonder that likes going to the dentist amazes me anyone wants to be a dentist too! Reminds me I am due for my 6 month checkup next month