Sunday, May 19, 2024

PLUGGING AWAY

 Even though I'm putting in 6-8 hrs. nearly every day on my big commission......a few other tasks have been accomplished. After being here for a little less than 2 months, I really expected to be totally settled......oh optimistic me!

'The husband' had tons of heavy duty wire shelving used in our last two houses. (NO clue why so many were needed!?). Happily, after he finally got his garage set up (not to say the items stored in bins on the racks have been put in their proper place....like at least 200 DVD's!). However, there were extra units available for my sewing room...Yeah!
Nothing like calling the kettle black, I haven't organized my new canvas bins, but at least the old plastic ones are now empty and relocated to a grateful neighbor.
Here's a look back at my cramped space which is finally getting organized. Note to self, do not gain one pound...you'll never squeeze into the room!!







4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Setting up a new space takes brain power in addition to all of the physical work. It looks like you have a good start with the left over shelving units.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

It is starting to shape up! You could gain 20 pounds and still fit, you are such a little thing to start with.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Really great storage racks and bins. Glad the husband had some left over for you. I have some stacking wire cubes that I set sorted fabric in - some commercial prints from my starter days of buying fabric for traditional/contemporary quilts and before batiks and handdyes became available. Those fill the rest. But I can see how the cloth basket inserts would be a good idea, both for protecting from light and for when you need to pull a whole stack out to search.

Laura said...

Hi Mary
I have not checked in for quite awhile. I am glad you are moved and settling in and most of all you are creating. I look forward to your continued progress!
Laura