Friday, April 7, 2023

PLANNED OVERS

I've utilized 'planned over' meals forever.......making twice the amount we can eat in one sitting provides another complete meal that only has to be reheated....win, win.

I rarely have spare blocks in my quilt projects....probably because patchwork sewing is not a method I use all that much.  In this case however, I purposely eliminated 4 blocks from the project shown here.  Of course most quilters would love having some "planned over"  blocks, but I can honestly say these are the only ones in my stash and probably will be the only ones.  But not for long because.........

Not wanting to waste good hand dyed fabrics, I subcut the blocks, added black strips and came up with this design.  The jokes on my....because after it was all finished I decided I liked it better in the vertical position, even though it was created horizontally.










2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I'd agree that the vertical orientation reads better. I've had that happen - best laid plans only to find you weren't right after all!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

LOL, I like it better vertically too!