Thursday, April 20, 2023

FIBER FRENZY APRIL MEETING

 Our small fiber group (Fiber Frenzy) met at Kathie's this month.  We played with foiling.....not a method that fits into my style of work but always fun to participate and pass on my experiments to others that may be able to utilize them.

Judy found it will enhance her eco prints beautifully.

Kathie's new purchase had all of us pea green!!  Despite basically concentrating on creating small quilts, my machine quilting tasks are often so time consuming and physically demanding because I don't free motion quilt.  So I'm constantly turning the quilt every time the sewing direction changes.  



This Juki "Cutie", which I'd describe as a short long arm is fantastic.  After sitting down and playing a bit I was immediately comfortable and had good results.  The price is modest considering the cost of computerized long arm machines.  

The coolest thing was this free standing light tower.  I NEVER have enough light in my studio.  I'd LOVE to own one, sadly I don't have room, even for this small version nor is it in my budget.  Perhaps some of you will find this appealing.  It was purchased online from kenssewingcenter.com.
 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Well now, color me impressed with the Cutie! It's so much more compact that most machine quilting models. It's inviting and looks as if mastery in using it is not too complex. Thanks for sharing this. And, oh, the light. My sewing area feels like a cave sometimes and I cannot get enough light. There's a real adventure unfolding in her studio.