Sunday, July 18, 2021

"VIEW FROM THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY"

Work featuring our Blue Ridge Mountains seem to be of interest to customers. A good reason to create more.  This piece was inspired by a photo my friend Jim Moore took and used with permission.  


The ice-dyed 'sky" fabric from my stash was enhanced with purples and blues fabric pencils.  Blues (mountains) are from my indigo-dyed cottons and hand appliqued to Pellon light-weight non-fusible interfacing.

VIEW FROM THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY - 13" X 13"
SOLD
Ice-dyed & indigo dyed cottons, hand & machine appliqued, embroidered.
Wrapped on canvas covered frame in black wood shadow box without glass.

5 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I love this one! Is the tree fused and stitched or just fused?

Laura said...

That ice dye is perfect for the sky. I am so glad that I got to see this work Mary.
I can recall you said that birds are not your favorite subject, but I thought you might be interested in this show from a group of Canadian artists https://www.fibreartnetwork.com/gallery-new.php?ex=37
Some of the backgrounds used are very interesting. Have a good day.
Laura

The Inside Stori said...

Thank you Laura.....Jenny Perry (a Canadian who now lives in the states) has done a wonderful job of sharing many of the Canadian exhibits that her buddies are in. Such talents!!! I'll check this one out asap...thank you so much for alerting me and any other readers who want to see great art!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Yes! So beautiful esp with the addition of that bit of lavender in the sky.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Thanks Laura for sharing that link. I enjoyed viewing the many different interpretations and backgrounds for this theme.