Sunday, July 11, 2021

GUTSY MOVE

There was always something about this piece that wasn't quite right....unusual colors yes, stretched design/setting....a bit of a failure.  I kept looking and looking to see how I could save it and the answer became clear.


GET RUTHLESS!!!!!


Out came the ruler and rotary cutter......
Holding my breath....I sliced it apart.  Then framed it...now I like it and I hope someone else will too.

TROPICAL FLOWER SEED PODS -  13" X 13"
Artist hand-dyed cottons, hand & machine applique, 
hand embroidered.





5 comments:

Kathy said...

How often are we told to crop a photo or painting? That worked wonderfully for this piece also! Lovely.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks wonderful, but I liked the original too. Art is in the eye of the beholder, though, and if the artist isn't happy with it, changes are in order.

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Great idea...looks so good!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Wise move. I know I get too attached to a piece, especially that far along as in finished, to try a correction, especially one this drastic. But it worked - much better. Now, what to do with that section cut off the bottom . . . lol

Nancy said...

Ruthless, yes; but successful! I'd have been torn about losing the hand embroidery on the piece and might never have brought the blade down on this!