Saturday, February 29, 2020

HAPPY PELICAN

Good grief this one took a great deal of time to complete.  In part, because my goal is to avoid purchasing new fabrics until my large current stash is tamed, the fabric selection process was unnecessarily tedious. 

Pelicans are certainly not a nature subject one would expect to be inspired to create living here in the mountains of Western North Carolina.  However, many tourists seem to hail from Florida or the Carolina coasts and sales of similar themes sell well at Woolworth Walk Gallery (#235 - lower level).
 HAPPY PELICAN - 23.5" X 31.5"
Pieced & appliqued cottons by machine, hand embroidered, machine quilted.
DETAIL

4 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

He is a goofy guy, LOL!! How cute.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Happy indeed! How fun to make a relatively plain bird so colorful. But I think I like that sun the best. :-)

Kathy said...

Perhaps he needs to be joined by a goofy flamingo next!

Robbie said...

I was floored when I saw this on FB!!! It looks even more fab on my laptop!!!!!