Thursday, February 13, 2020

BELATED ROLEX 24 HOUR REPORT - Part 1

 After the simply awful weather at last year's Rolex 24 Hour race at Daytona International Raceway, this year we were rewarded with perfect weather.
More perfect was the opportunity to gain access to Porsche VIP Hospitality. (Thank you David A.)  Our home away from home was 5 suites high up in the grand stands...behind those big glass windows you see here.
The patio area was just one of the great places to view the race.

 I normally have my face in my Kindle the entire time we are at the track.  It's obviously much more interesting when you can see the entire race track and actually hear the announcers.  I never even opened my Kindle!
 It's a very posh experience!!
 And the complimentary food was astonishingly good.
 As were the complimentary beverages.  No bubble, but I made do.....ha, ha.

One of the suites featured comfy leather recliners facing a wall of two huge TV screens.  AND...if you feel the need to get up and order a fancy coffee at the always open coffee bar.....there was a smaller screen available so you don't miss a single minute.
 Other areas (all with TV screens everywhere) are outfitted with table and chairs for your comfort to enjoy the numerous buffets.  The whole experience was awesome...I may not even grumble about 'the husband' dragging me to various races if I can enjoy them in this manner!!


3 comments:

Kathy said...

Now this certainly sounds like the right way to enjoy a sport. I'd even be happy if they turned on the heaters at the hockey rink, so what you just had is beyond what I could imagine. Glad you had a good time this year!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

Robbie said...

And you should live this lifestyle for now on! What a wonderful 'vacation'! That's what you need to call this! So happy for you!!! I would love to join you!!!! HA